Classic Mattel Toys : Alex Toys Car Valet : Most Wanted Toys For Christmas 2011
Classic Mattel Toys
- Mattel Inc. (; ) is the world's largest toy company based on revenue. The products it produces include Barbie dolls, Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, Masters of the Universe, American Girl dolls, board games, and, in the early 1980s, video game consoles.
- (of a garment or design) Of a simple elegant style not greatly subject to changes in fashion
- authoritative: of recognized authority or excellence; "the definitive work on Greece"; "classical methods of navigation"
- Remarkably and instructively typical
- a creation of the highest excellence
- Judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind
- an artist who has created classic works
DC Direct New Gods Series 1: Mr. Miracle
A few weeks ago i bought a Big Barda figure from Mattels DC Universe Classics line because i wanted my DC Universe Mr. Miracle figure to have his wife at his side. Problem is that the guys at Mattel don't get why she's called BIG Barda. The figure is terrible sculpted. This figure is a Barbie version of what Big Barda should be. I even got the version without the helmet because i thought her hair would bring a romantic aspect to her standing beside Mr. Miracle.
But there is this guy, Geek Orthodox is the name of his blog, who's in a Mr. Miracle craze these days and he showed this figure on his blog. So i tracked one down. Got a Big Barda figure from the same line (but series 2) wich looks more like her.
I like the sculpt of those New Gods figures. They look like three dimensional renderings of Jack Kirbys artwork: simple. And while they may seem to lack some details, it's how their bodies are formed that pleases my eye (did that sound gay? did that sound homophobic? was that unnecessary?). While he has the statue of a "classic wrestler" his hands show how much effort was put into the design. The fingers have this more angular shape of his paper counterpart. And there are even creaks in his gloves.
I don't dare to unpack him. Yet.
And i can't await to display him together with his wife.
Hot Wheels "Ultra Hots" 1958 Chevrolet Corvette and 1967 Shelby Cobra 427.
The Hot Wheels "Ultra Hots" are the same size as regular Hot Wheels, but a little more expensive as Mattel put in a little extra detail and included rubber tires and opening hoods (though I remember that, back in the early 1980s, a handful of regular Hot Wheels, like the 1980s Corvette and the 1960s Mustang, also had opening hoods with rudimentarily detailed engines, so it wasn't always a feature exclusive to special editions).
The Shelby Cobra has redline wheels, a tribute to the original Hot Wheels.
hot toys iron man mark iii
growing alien toys
underground toys uk
vintage godzilla toys
plush toys dog
crib toys soothers